Instructional Technology Services
Online Technology Plan
• District technology plans continue to be required.
• The ePlan system is open for the 2015-2016 school year and is
located at https://www.sedl.org/cgi-bin/mysql/eplan/eplan.cgi.
• ePlans continue to undergo a peer-review at the education service
center (ESC) level before moving to TEA for final review and approval.
The E-rate filing window is scheduled to open in January 2016. The window is scheduled to close in March 2016. The filing window is dependent on the successful launch of USAC’s
new online system, E-rate Productivity Center, or EPC.
• To date, Texas public schools and libraries have received approximately 10% of all E- rate funding since the program began in 1998.
• That 10% amounts to $35+ billion in funding for telecommunications
and Internet access since the beginning of the program.
• E-Rate 2.0 offers the opportunity for more funding for WiFi
expansion and fiber ownership for school districts.
With the close of the Epsilen contract, professional development (PD)
courses were paused in fall 2015.
• In early spring 2016, enrollment in online courses will resume.
• The first courses to go live will be Science Safety Training for High School
and CTE 101.
• Watch for Fine Arts TEKS K–12 Overview and the nine CTE courses,
beginning with Forensic Science in late February and Advanced Animal
Science in early March.
TEKS-aligned supplementary lessons
• Grade 8 and English I and II
• Grades 7 and 8, Algebra I and II, and Geometry
• Grade 8, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
• U.S. History and World Geography
• Available on the Project Share Gateway, http://www.texasgateway.org/
• Information and support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Gateway - New Site
Online Resources for the Classroom
• Designed for general instruction,
intervention, acceleration, and
Online Resources for the Teacher
• Professional development courses
• Personalized collections of resources
• ESTAR (grades 2–4)
• MSTAR (grades 5–8)
• Fall, winter, and spring assessment
• Information and support at email@example.com
• TEKS-aligned question repository
• Science and mathematics (grades 3–8)
• Integrated Physics and Chemistry
• Algebra I and II
• Information and support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation continues to be optional.
• The system remains available to all Texas public school districts and
• STaR Chart data will be used in the 2016 Progress Report on the LongRange
Plan for Technology.
• For districts using other survey tools but that wish to be included in STaR
Chart data, a voluntary district survey will be posted in March 2016.
Information obtained from Kerry Ballast, TEA.
Region 5 ESC will devote its operation to the purpose of helping each school educate its students so as to assure their success in our society.
Per HB 462, resources and services provided by Region 5 ESC are aligned with, and designed to support, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills(TEKS) adopted by the State Board of Education.
Region 5 ESC Vision:
The vision of ESC 5 is to be the provider of choice for education services and solutions.
Region 5 ESC Mission:
The mission of ESC 5 is to assist schools through various initiatives in meeting the needs of students through efficient and economical means.
350 Pine Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
Phone: (409) 951-1700
Fax: (409) 951-1800
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM