Instructional Technology Services
Digital Learning Products
Region 5 Instructional Services, in coordination with educational providers, is able to offer districts access to online websites for student learning.
We choose products which meet the needs of all of our districts and annually evaluate and update products as needed.
Below is our current list of products for the 2016-17 school year:
Advantages of using Discovery Education in the Classroom
1. Learning Management System
Teachers can add classes, students, and assign different resources from DE to students directly.
2. Aligned to Texas Standards
Teachers can search for specific standards to find DE resources aligned to a lesson.
3. Awesome Tools
There are many great tools for use in the site.
4. My Content Folders
Teachers can create folders and organize all of their favorite resources.
5. Additional events every month
Each month there are a new set of resources aligned with current events which allow for exploration of new places.
1. topics aligned with state standards
2. interactive quizzes with assessment
3. enrichment materials like experiments and creative activities that supplement the movies.
1. Mobile Access - for Apple, Android, Windows 8, or Chrome devices
2. My BrainPOP - keep track of student learning
3. The Mixer - Create and share custom, BrainPOP-style quizzes
4. GameUp and GameUp for BrainPOP Jr. - Educational games portal for the classroom
Kyte Learning provides an ideal environment for learning with videos and examples of technology integration in the classroom from experts in their fields.
Advantages of using Kyte Learning for Teacher Professional Development
1. Individual, self-paced videos
2. learn latest technology skills at your convenience
3. flexible and makes learning fun
4. learn from experts in their content area
5. library of educational technology content is constantly updated and growing
6. examples of integration into the classroom curriculum
NearPod allows teachers to:
1. Create interactive lessons easily and quickly
2. Download ready-to-use lessons, if they don't have time to create
3. Share content with students
4. Monitor students through the learning process
5. Capture student attention which allows them to focus on the learning
Region 5 ESC will devote its operation to the purpose of helping each school educate its students so as to assure their success in our society.
Per HB 462, resources and services provided by Region 5 ESC are aligned with, and designed to support, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills(TEKS) adopted by the State Board of Education.
Region 5 ESC Vision:
The vision of ESC 5 is to be the provider of choice for education services and solutions.
Region 5 ESC Mission:
The mission of ESC 5 is to assist schools through various initiatives in meeting the needs of students through efficient and economical means.
350 Pine Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
Phone: (409) 951-1700
Fax: (409) 951-1800
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM